Thursday, April 16, 2009

I Acknowledge...

That...

I have not been doing a good job of keeping up with my blogger friends lately.

I am behind on my photography classes.

My floors need mopping.

Closed minded people make me hysterical sometimes.

I am only on page 64 of the book I'm reading for the online book club.

I went back to bed after taking Casey to school and slept until 2:20 this afternoon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
News...

My friend Jeri, who had a double lung transplant and liver transplant last Thursday, is doing GREAT! She might be getting out of the hospital tomorrow!!! Is that unbelievable or what? I'm so happy for her. What a fighter she is.

My friend Clark, who has cancer and was told to call in hospice, is doing better. He is still in Mexico receiving treatment, and he is sitting up eating and feeling stronger. Yay!!! Definitely an answer to prayer! He still needs your thoughts and prayers though. He isn't out of the woods by any means, but it's just great to hear that he's feeling better and actually able to eat instead of having to rely on parenteral nutrition.

My kidney transplant appointment was very uneventful yesterday! That's a great thing. :) When the doc came in, I was eating chocolate because my sugar was low. For all of you diabetics, you know how sometimes you get a little delirious when your sugar gets low? Well, he must have thought I was a little off my rocker. I acted a little bit like I was drunk. Thankfully, Casey was in there to correct anything I said that was off. haha. I was fine after about 10 minutes. Anyway, my labs look great!!

I got to see 2 transplant friends yesterday. I had met one of the girls right before my transplant. She was about a year out of her transplant when I first met her, but was still on oxygen. She had a really rough time after her transplant, but she's been doing great ever since. She looked awesome yesterday, and we had a great lunch together. Then I got to see another friend, who I only knew online. She was speaking to healthcare workers at Duke about patient advocacy, so Mom, Casey and I went to hear her speak. What a great speaker she is... and so funny! I got to meet her briefly afterward. It's so much fun meeting online friends for the first time in person. I have NEVER been disappointed!

I hope all of you are having a great week! Casey went back to school today. Their spring break was cut short, because of make-up snow days. We did have a good week though!!

Casey just sent me this picture. She took it on her phone yesterday. It's of me and Dana, my friend I met for lunch yesterday...


11 comments:

Aspiemom said...

I also acknowledge #1, 3 & 4!

Unknown said...

I could make a huge list of things I need to acknowledge but I think I'll just stay in denial for right now...LOL!!
I am almost finished with the book. I got to read a lot of it today while I waited in the waiting room for Emily to get her braces off!! But you still have another week to finish it and it's not that long...well compared to the Twilight series that is!!
I fell asleep today to...but mine only lasted about 30 minutes....good for you for just forgetting it all and taking a nap...sometimes we just need that.
Glad to hear you had an awesome visit at the doctor's office...even if you were slightly off your rocker!!

Kellee said...

Oh lets noe acknowledge my list...
Glad your appot. went well!!

xox

Natalia Ritchie said...

christy I have to say that you and all your post tx friends inspire me so much and give me so much hope of how great I will feel after. whenever I see pre and post pics, I think....I cannot wait to not look sick any more!! Better yet to not feel sick!! WOW!

Tina said...

Yayyy Christy, glad to hear your appt went well and then you got to meet up with some friends. I'm excited about the Utica meet-up.
Thanks for the comment re the fundoplication, I was slightly hesitant but you sealed the deal. I'm going to mention the research at his next appt.

Carrie said...

I'm behind on right now! Actually, I am almost always behind on everything...

Not to mention that there are a lot of people who are driving me crazy right now. I'm praying for patience and understanding. Fervently praying for it!!!

Carrie said...

I meant to say I'm behind on EVERYTHING right now, but I guess I'm so behind I needed to leave it out. haha

Carolyn said...

Glad to hear the Dr appt went well! You also look so pretty in the picture!! You are so lucky with how young you look!!

Unknown said...

I see that you posted a bit about "closed minded people" and also tweeted about the same sort of stuff...can you let me into what exactly you're talking about?

Or can I find it on your blog somewhere???

Have a great day!

Ronnie

Aimee said...

I have never had to wait more than a few hours for a room either til I moved here.

It's just a smaller private hospital though so I guess there is always a wait unless you show up at the ER. They are building more rooms though right next door to the hospital so hopefully that will help out! Last time I had to go in I waited three days!

Glad to see your appointment went well! Hope everything else is going well =]
xo

Amy Glessner-Arnold said...

It's great to know others sleep as much as I do sometimes. I usually feel so guilty about it but I know I shouldn't. Part of transplant life and CF. I'm glad your appt. went well. I am free of PICC and IV's. Started swimming and walking again, I've really felt good the last 2 days I hope it continues. TTYL!!