Saturday, March 28, 2009

Balin's back

We had to take Balin back to the vet this morning, because he seemed like he was in so much pain. They have determined that he has an inflamed disc in his back. He is on pain medicine and an anti-inflammatory. We cannot let him jump on any furniture for 4 weeks. We gave him pain med about an hour ago, and he's sleeping now. They said it might make him a little loopy. He's always been such a happy puppy, so it's really tough seeing him like this.

Casey is going to her dad's later today to spend some time with her cousins from PA. Jason and I are going to our favorite Italian restaurant with some friends of ours we haven't seen in about a year. They live about an hour away.

Is it rainy where you are? We have had rain for so long, that I can't even remember a sunny day. Don't get me wrong, I love rain, because we are literally begging for it every summer! BUT, I would like a day of sunshine every now and then. :) My sinuses are going crazy!

I need your thoughts and prayers for a friend of ours from church. His name is Clark, and he was diagnosed with bladder cancer about 6 months ago. It has now spread through his pelvis and into his hip. The doctors told him to call in hospice, but he and his wife didn't want to give up, so they are now going to Mexico for treatment in hopes that there is something that can be done. He is younger than I am.. 30 something... He and I used to do drama together at the church. Thanks guys!

6 comments:

Jessica said...

what a small world! I know Clark too. I used to go to a church he worked at all through high school and he was (among other things) one of our youth leaders. He is a hilarious, amazing guy, and Bill Worsley (idk if you know him) started a facebook group for him this week - that's how I found out. I have been and will definitely keep praying for him. I'm not sure where he is now, but I know it's either Connection Church or The Cove...I didn't know you were so close, I just assumed you were closer to Duke for some reason! Just thought that was interesting...one of those "small world" things!

Amy said...

I will say prayers for him...that is so sad :(

Yes it has been dreary here for a while, yesterday we had some sun but this weekend its supposed to be yucky again.

Hope Balin feels better soon!!! I hate seeing animals in pain :(

Christy said...

Yeah Jessica,
We are members of The Cove. What a small, small world. WOW.. I joined the group yesterday on FB.

Are you near The Cove? I'm 10 minutes from there. The Connection is in Virginia, right?

Thanks so much Amy. Balin is wanting to get active now that the pain med has taken affect. I don't know how we are going to keep him still.

Heidi said...

Poor pup! This is what Roxy did. And...Sara's pup Bey I think too! What is it with our doggies and their backs!

Piper said...

I will definitely keep your friend in my thoughts and prayers. I'm so sorry to hear that he's sick.

On a happier note, glad your puppy is feeling a little better. the little guy has a speedy recovery!

(PS: Fixed the link on my blog! Thanks for the heads up!)

Somer Love said...

Poor lil baby!!! I hate it when they aren't feeling great it breaks my heart... This is when I wish I spoke or understood dog.

I hope he gets better real soon!