Thursday, March 13, 2008

First blog.. not fitting in!

I am not going to let my serious lack of graphics keep me from blogging, so here goes... I am a CFer.  I belong to websites for CFers. Here is why I don't feel like I fit in though. I had a lung transplant in 2001, so it's been awhile since I had CF in my lungs. New lungs DO NOT get CF in them, even though you still have CF in the rest of your body.  


Most of the people on one of the websites I belong to are pre-transplant. They talk about their treatments and meds.. two things that have changed greatly (for the good) since I had CF in my lungs.  I don't want to go back there.. no way, but I do feel like an outsider talking to them. I cannot relate anymore.  I remember all of the coughing and sickness, but it's vague.  Half of the time, I do not know what they are talking about, because things have changed so much medically in the last 6 1/2 years.  It really is amazing the advances that have been made.  

I do belong to a couple of transplant sites, but the bond between people isn't as great as it is on my CF website.  Something about CFers, we stick together, and we form bonds that can't be broken.  It really is special!  

I'm not fitting in with healthy people.. I'll never be normal as my doc put it one time.  And.. I don't fit in with CFers anymore.  I'm stuck somewhere in the middle.  

2 comments:

Cara said...

You fit in with CFer's! :)

Leah said...

I COMPLETELY understand Christy! I couldn't have put it better. I don't know where I fit in either. I feel like we're sort of in limbo once we get our transplants.

You'll always fit in with me, so don't feel like your alone.. You know I'll always be able to understand what your going through and would be happy to be a ear to talk to anytime.

Love ya!