Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Remembering

I have lost so many friends to this awful disease Cystic Fibrosis! They have all been so courageous! They all died way too young. To learn more about CF, please visit CFF.ORG. Here are a few pictures of some dear friends I have lost to CF....

Nicki and me at the Transplant Games in Minneapolis, MN. Nicki was so compassionate and never forgot a birthday or anniversary. Her homemade cards would cheer anyone up, and she was so loving! I miss her friendship so much! She passed away on New Year's Eve 2007 after being sick for way too long.

This is me, Casey and Rich at The Leaning Tower of Pizza in Minneapolis, MN. Rich was one of my best friends ever! He was so loyal and such a fighter. No matter how sick he was, he never complained. I miss him so much. He passed away after receiving new lungs in February, 2007.

Fun with John at the 2004 Transplant Games in Minneapolis, MN. John was one of the most awesome people I have ever met. You could count on him for anything! He passed away after a courageous battle with CF and after receiving new lungs in August, 2006.

Other friends I have lost to this disease: Kira, Mark, Mark W., Jennifer, Stephanie, Dave, Selina, Mary, Deborah, and Elizabeth. 

2 comments:

brad said...

Nice pictures Christy...

Good to see my Old Buddies ...

Happy Birthday Christy..

CowTown said...

:(