Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Home feels so good!

It feels so good to be home! As soon as I got here, I crashed for about 4 hours. I always do that when I get out of the hospital. It takes me a couple of days to recover. I'll be on IV's a month, and I'll meet with my ENT in the next week or so to schedule sinus surgery. It was supposed to be in May or June, but they are going to move it up.


I didn't think that the nurses on 7800 could get any better, but I was blown away this time by all of them. They were such patient advocates, and I believe some of the best nurses that Duke has are on that floor. Some of my old nurses had left.. some are still there, but all of the nurses that I had this stay were fairly new. They truly deserve a pay raise. They work their butts off!!! 

I remember working on a step-down unit immediately after graduating from nursing school and it was just like that. We barely had time to grab something to eat for lunch, and we usually stayed at least 45 minutes to an hour past our shift to finish all the charting. I am so thankful for all of my nurses who put 100% into taking care of patients. It's not an easy job, but I know from experience, it can be very rewarding!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay!! I am so glad your home!! get lots of rest and feel better soon. Jay says hi! luv ya..ttys!

Debbie said...

I am glad to hear you made it home. I was able to catch up on your recent blogs. You gave an excellent testimony when blogging about Easter. Thanks for sharing. I am sure it is hard to leave your daughter while you are in the hospital. I will be watching your blog to learn more about her and Jason. In the last few years, I have been staying up late. There is never a problem with calling me at midnight as I will be up. Like you, I have found it to be the best time to pray, reflect, study God's Word, & just have some quiet though my late nights aren't do to insomnia. It just works well for me. Praying you will have a good week.

Andy Lawrenson said...

Glad you are home. I'll be praying for you and your upcoming surgeries.