Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Home again, home again

I got home about 8:30. Duke was really on the ball this time getting an extra staff member on the floor for my desensitization, and getting me out of there. I'm so glad that I had such a short stay.

Jason called the insurance company today to see what they would pay regarding my kidney transplant. I knew that we wouldn't have to pay much, but he wanted an exact number (my surgery alone is about $90,000, but much less than my lung transplant). We only have to pay about $150. I can't believe it. They are also going to pay for most of our hotel room costs (we'll need a hotel room a couple of nights), and our transportation costs. Jason will not have quite the benefits he has now come January, so my transplant coming sooner than expected is really a blessing.

Please pray for my friend Nina who is on a ventilator in Arizona and not doing well at all. I'm so sad for her.

4 comments:

Shea said...

What a blessing this will be. $150 is so much less than I thought it would cost. Our insurance is changing in Jan. too, and I hope it will be as good as what we have now. Our adopted son will NEED it. I'll say a prayer for your friend too.

Heidi said...

150! WOW! That is amazing! I just got a $650 bill from a dumb 2 day hospital stay! I'm so glad for you! Thinking of you! Glad you are home for Halloween.

Heidi said...

You are so sweet!! Some people think its silly for Matt and I to celebrate and toast to little anniversaries. I guess people like us learn to appreciate the small things and not let them pass us by! I think a rapper dog would totally suit your pup!! Promise to take pics! I took pics of Roxy in her costume last year, but we didnt have too many trick or treaters. This year, I think we'll have a lot...the neighborhood we bought our house in has LOTS of kids. I look forward to it. I just need to find a black light so my cobwebey glow-in-the-dark fabric will glow!

ps...i'm so glad Duke was on the ball and you got out on time..there is nothing worse than knowing you are going home and waiting...and waiting...and waiting.lol!

OceanDesert said...

Welcome HOME! Thank goodness for good health ins. coverage.. that IS a blessing!