Friday, February 20, 2009

Lori

Thank you to everyone who is praying for my friend Lori. For those of you who haven't read my previous posts about her, she is a 28 year old CFer, who had a lung transplant 9 years ago. She and I met a few months before my lung transplant at Duke.


Lori was diagnosed with chronic rejection last year. Despite being treated for it, her lung function continued to fall and fell pretty quickly from about November until January. They finally did a bronchoscopy (biopsy of the lungs) last week and found out that she has aspergillus pneumonia. Aspergillus is a fungus that a lot of CFers get. Getting it after a lung transplant though, proves to be harder to treat, because of our weakened immune system. When it actually turns into a pneumonia, it is very serious.

Lori started on an IV anti-fungal, but it doesn't seem to be helping yet. They did another bronchoscopy today. They will not find out the results of that bronch until Monday. I just received a text from her husband Jason saying that the bronch is over with and Lori is sleeping.

Please pray that whatever they find in the bronch, they will be able to treat. Pray that the anti-fungal will start working and she will be feeling a lot better soon. Also pray that her lung function comes back up to her normal range.

Lori is such an awesome girl. She loves life and embraces it! I cannot say enough good things about her. Her sister Shannon also has CF and had a lung transplant several months after me. Their parents both donated lobes to Lori. That family has been through a lot. Thanks so much for the prayers!


9 comments:

OceanDesert said...

Absolutely sending her lots of healing thoughts!!!

Hoping the bronch gives them a little more info to fight that fungus!!!!

Kellee said...

All my prayers ♥

Carolyn said...

I will be praying for her!!

Heidi said...

She remains in my prayers. Keep us updated if you hear more.

Unknown said...

We will for sure be keeping her in our prayers.

Kellee said...

Thank you for your kind words!
I hope you having a wonderful day!!

Shea said...

I said a prayer right now.

Belle's Blog said...

I will be praying for your friend and ur continued health.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Christy...God bless each and every one of you:) Thank you!