Monday, November 24, 2008

Early Thanksgiving

We decided to cook our Thanksgiving dinner yesterday since Casey will be at her dad's on Thanksgiving day. We had my friend Angela and her family over. She only lives 15 minutes from me, but we haven't seen each other for a couple of months. It was great seeing them!

We had turkey, stuffing, gravy, potatoes, green bean casserole, deviled eggs, bread, cranberry sauce, hot apple cider with spices, pumpkin pie with homemade whipping cream and coffee. It was really good. Jason and I cooked all day, but it was definitely worth it. Our turkey recipe, stuffing and gravy recipes all turned out really good. It was the first Thanksgiving dinner that Jason and I have cooked together as a couple.

Jason is out getting Casey from school now, since I can't drive yet. Tomorrow, my friend and her daughter are picking Casey up from school and then coming to get me. We are going to the Christmas parade and then Casey's friend is spending the night. Wednesday, we are heading to the mall after I go to the local hospital for some blood work. I have to avoid the mall on Friday because of the crowds, and Casey won't be with me anyway, so we are going Wednesday instead with her friend Michele and her mother Carol.

Casey has a project to work on tonight... yes, another one. Then we will just hang out here at home since I can't drive yet. It's no fun waiting on others to drive you places, but it's a small sacrifice for a new kidney!

I slept until 3:00 today...haha. I did get up and get Casey ready for school, but I went back to bed. It was almost 4 am before I fell asleep last night. Again, I'm assuming that's the prednisone. I drink decaf coffee and decaf sodas (when I have them), so I know it isn't that.

My staples are starting to get very irritated. I remember this happening after my lung transplant. I will get them out a week from Wednesday. My incision is still hurting some, but its mostly itching, which is a sign of healing. I did find that I tired out easily yesterday in the kitchen, but am still feeling so much better than I thought I would at this point. I was just so weak prior to this transplant, and had a lot of muscle wasting that I think it's going to take some time to build all of that back up.

On another note.. my sister, her husband, my dad and my mom are all fighting this cold/virus going around. Yes, my mom did wind up getting it, but she says she doesn't feel so bad today, so she's hoping that it doesn't get worse. My sister and her husband went to work today. I think they rested all weekend. I won't be seeing any of them on Thanksgiving day because I can't take the chance of getting sick right now. We are going to spend it with Jason's parents and grandmother. When I get Casey back, we will get together for a late Thanksgiving dinner with my family.

That's all for now! I hope all of you have a wonderful Thanksgiving and can all find many things to be thankful for... I know I can!

3 comments:

Genevieve said...

Sounds delicious!

They just started me again on high doses of steroids, I know all about it. UGH!

I'm gonna miss black Friday. I really wanted to go this year.

Hope you begin to feel better each and every day.

XOXO

OceanDesert said...

Thanks for the feedback Christy!! You are doing SO awesome!!! How WONDERFUL that you are home and feeling and looking GREAT and eating turkey!!!!
My docs also told me there'd likely be some pseudo since I carry it in the sinuses, and I guess they just want to keep it at bay with the colistin... HAve u only had the pneumonia once post tx? That is pretty good isn't it?? My best to you!

Becky said...

Sounds good I can't wait till Thursday and me and Lonnie get to do the same thing. This will be the first time in our new house. Sounds like everything is going good. Keep resting and I hope to see you soon.