Thursday, November 13, 2008

God's timing


Okay, after that last post I have decided that Christy is not coming anywhere near this keyboard tonight.  And possibly not tomorrow either.  Let's just say that the last several hours have been quite troublesome.  She got to speak to Casey on the phone for a little bit, but all the meds are still having their effect on her.  Just after snapping this photo, I had to hold the phone for her; her strength was quickly giving out.


Just after that is when things got difficult.  I won't go into detail, but I was getting stretched thin.  I was heading down to the cafeteria to get something to eat, and the second I step outside our room, a very dear friend, Jack, from church was coming down the hall.  No one has more perfect timing than God.  So Jack hung around just long enough to get me some chow and pray with us.  It was everything I needed at exactly the right time.  It could not have been more perfect.

Christy is still on contact isolation, so disposable gowns and gloves are worn when in the room.  For those who may not know, everytime you cross the threshold, you wash your hands and put on a new gown and gloves.  I've got it relatively easy:  I don't have to wear a mask or bonnet or shoe covers.  That makes a difference.  I can't kiss her.  Probably shouldn't hug her.  When I touch her, I'm wearing gloves.  I'm really missing that stuff.

The Attending just agreed to change her pain med.  The old stuff was knocking her out.  So that gives a little hope to me getting her out of the bed tomorrow.  I'm setting our next milestone at getting her catheter removed.  Getting that removed is the next big step.  But to do that, she's got show that she can walk around and be mobile.  Please pray for these things.

I just ate some half decent sushi from the cafeteria for a late snack.  It wasn't all that bad, but I have definitely had better.  Now that Christy is winding down, I'm going to get cleaned up and get ready to go to sleep.  Bis morgen bei freundin.

Jason

6 comments:

Heidi said...

Hang in there Christy. Hopefully your new pain meds won't be so hard on you. Hugs and prayers are being sent your way! Hang in there Jason, you sound like my husband...1 in a million! Take care of yourself!

PDrummond007 said...

I'm really hoping that the new pain meds will do the trick. Some of the stuff my dad used to take made him see all sorts of things. One time the doctor did not believe him until he told him about how the tv could walk around the room by itself lol. He changed it that night and within a day or two he was back. Hang in there and get some rest.

Unknown said...

Let's pray that those pain meds are easier on her system!
Hang in there Christy! We rooting for ya!
Get some rest Jason!

brad said...

1 step at a time...

Christy looks good, a little zonked
but I guess thats normal, drugs do that to ya.
Tomorrow is another New Day...

Glad you got something to eat Jason ,even if was that lovely hospital food.
Get some rest....

Debbie said...

Thanks for the updates. I am so glad to hear she got out of ICU. I pray you will get some sleep & stay encouraged. It's not easy standing by watching and not able to really do anything to help her feel better. Just remember how important it is to be there as her spokeman.

Margaret said...

Christy, I hope you and Jason had a better nite and I Pray today you are able to walk. Jason stay strong and thanks for the great posts.